Sewer permit

You need a permit if you are working on the sewer line that connects your building (private sewer lateral) to the City’s main line.

New construction that requires a new connection to an existing sewer main may require a separate encroachment permit and the payment of a sewer connection fee.

Apply on eTRAKiT


  • Full replacement
  • Partial replacement


Requirements and attachments

When you apply online, you can upload documents with your application. Make sure to upload all of the required documents. If your application is not complete, this will extend the time it takes to issue your permit.

  • Site Plan Diagram indicating the alignment of your private sewer lateral (PSL), all cleanouts, Point of Connection to Main, and overall length.
  • Contractor or Owner-Builder Declarations (required for all projects)

Learn about required documents for all permits.

Apply on eTRAKiT

Get help