Encroachment permit

You need an encroachment permit if you are performing work within the right-of-way (outside of private property) or public easements. This includes work on:

  • Sidewalks
  • Driveways
  • Curbs
  • Storm drains
  • Street tree pruning
  • Street repair
  • Traffic control

Contact us to get a list of requirements and resources for your project.

When you apply online, you can upload documents with your application. Make sure to upload all of the required documents. If your application is not complete, this will extend the time it takes to issue your permit.

Learn about required documents for all building permits.

Apply for an encroachment permit

Get help